Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend Update

Apparently my weekends now start on Thursday.  Allen's right...Thursday really is the new Friday.  This weekend began with a fundraiser for Planned Parenthood at Bar Deluxe.  Girls night out!


Maberly and Lesley



The really loud band


Maberly and Metra


Maberly and I thought it might be a good idea to do shots on a weeknight...turns out it wasn't.


Next stop...Juniors for a little pool!



Metra is seriously a pool shark!


Maberly helping me multi-task



Maberly, Metra, Lesely


Me, Lesley, Metra


Friday was another girls night.  Metra, Lesley, Staci, Joshi and I tried out some fabulous Mary Kay products.  I'm pretty sure we offended the Mary Kay lady with our language, drunken stories and me pulling a condom out of my purse.  In my defense, we were supposed to be looking for stuff in our purses that started with the letter C.  We all spent too much money. Next was dinner at Porcupine, then onto the Canyon Inn for drinks.  

I love the Canyon Inn, it has a good mix of people and the music is usually interesting.  The band that was playing was AWESOME! Awesome meaning bad.  The drummer had really, really long hair and there was a fan blowing at all around.  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures because my camera battery decided to die.  I tried to get a picture with Joshi's camera, but the weird bass player thought I was taking a picture of him and kept posing.  Joshi AND Staci have pictures...but they haven't sent them to me. (HINT!)  Some interesting guys sat at our table and we got some free shots.  UPDATE: Got some pictures from Joshi!

Staci, Metra and me



Tony from St. Louis who bought us shots



Lesely and Joshi



The awesome bass player



The awesome drummer...although you can't really see the fan action.  




Saturday was pretty low key.  I finally saw Michael Clayton and it was pretty good.  Still not as good as No Country For Old Men or There Will Be Blood though.  I really enjoyed Tom Wilkinson's performance; he's always amazing.  


Went shopping at Target, hung out with Paige.  Watched The Last Picture Show with my mom and Paige. I'm still not sure how I feel about it.  I wasn't disappointed per se...but I think I was expecting more.  Don't get me wrong, I liked it.  It was just different than I thought it would be.  


Sunday is for church and I was there at 9 am this morning.  My brother Seth is going on a mission to Rome, Italy and today was his farewell.  He is so excited to go and I'm so proud of him.  I know he will do well.  It was so fun to see the family, many of whom I hadn't seen in years.  I didn't get a picture of Scottie because he was really sick. Here's a picture of him from the summer.


Mercedes wasn't there.  But the good news is she was released from jail last week and was admitted to Odyssey House for a year long treatment program. It's going to be pretty intense and I hope she sticks it out. For those of you who don't know, my sister Mercedes has struggled with meth addiction and has been in jail for about 6 months. I worry about her constantly. Here's a picture from better days 


Seth looking suave and missionary-ish


My dad and me


Isi my step-mom and my sister Madisen


Seth and me


My dad and Aunt Penny


My sister Jackie and niece Scarlett


My nephew Teagan


Me and Scarlett

I also watched Fracture with Nolan and Paige.  Not really a good movie...don't waste your time. 






4 comments:

Briana Ward said...

It was good to see pictures of your family! That is great about Seth's mission, how exciting!!! I think I even saw a picture with my sister Emily in the background. I am glad to hear that Mercedes is on the right road. I had no idea about any of it. Her kids are beautiful and are lucky to have such good supportive family. Glad you had a good weekend!

Jessica said...

Yes, that was Emily! Molly and Charlotte were also there with your dad. I can't believe how old everyone is getting!

Mercedes has had a hard, hard time for the past year or so. I hope this program works for her...

Jabortnik said...

Wow! Missions. They are growing up! Good to hear some things are looking up for the D's.

Don't take this wrong, but Penny looks old! I guess it's been like 12 years since I have seen her but wow!

Jessica said...

She is old! She looks so much my G-ma now...it's eerie.