Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekend Update

First of all I want to give props to my friend Jenn who completed her first 1/2 marathon in Phoenix today! I'm so proud of you Jenn!!


My weekend was fairly eventful. Friday night I hung out with some tattooed dudes. One of the dudes had an X-Men sleeve. Interesting. Apparently all of the heroes are on this arm and eventually his other arm will have the villains and then they will have a battle on his chest. Geeks are crazy! No offense to my many geekish readers. :)


This is Cameron's homemade tattoo. I think he got it in prison. Just kidding.

Nolan's new tattoo


Friday night concluded with me staying up too late watching The Bourne Ultimatum with Paige and Nolan. Matt Damon is so ridiculously good looking. I love him.


Saturday was my half-birthday! I am officially on my way to over-the-hill. Less than six months now and I will be the big 3-0. I haven't been too worried about it, but as it gets closer I find myself starting to freak out more. I also went to 2 baby showers. You know me, I never miss a party. They were fun, but left me feeling old and alone. Awesome! Shower #1 was for my cousin Courtney, who is due to have a boy in February.

G-ma Shirley and Lexi


Courtney


Kathryn and me


Eden


Shower #2 was for my book club friend Kathryn. She's having a girl in February.

Kathryn


Lesley


Joshi and Diane


Book club girls being a bad influence. She really wasn't drinking by the way. :)


In between baby showers I stopped at Target to pick up a few things. While I was there I visited the dollar section. I found these awesome dummy books.


How else are you supposed to know how to use Myspace and instant messaging? I also spent a ridiculous amount of money on some Valentine's Day cards. I hate that stupid holiday.

Saturday night Cindy and I met Sonny at Green Street, but it was lame. Next stop Juniors to check in with Sweater Lady and Punk Rocker. Some dude at the bar told me I looked like jailbait. Is that supposed to be a compliment?? Scott called and invited me to a party so I stopped by, sang bad karaoke and played some beer pong.

I love Scottie!


Busting out some Madonna


I have no idea what we're singing


Buddy Jerome!


Beer Pong! I'm pretty sure Scott and I lost.



Patti and me


Sunday morning I dragged my ass out of bed to meet Lesley and Sonny for brunch at The Oyster Bar. Then we went to see The Orphanage. It was awesome! Go see it now!


I've been really bored with my music lately. It seems like everything in my iTunes qualifies as sad bastard music. I needed a change. So I've been listening to a lot of Rage Against the Machine, Sex Pistols, Nine Inch Nails and a little techno. I'll leave you tonight with one of my new favorite songs: Glass Danse by The Faint. Bust out your glowsticks and dance!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much for the shout out!!! It was a fun race!

Anonymous said...

your blog makes me want to take you to a gay bar.

brown purses 4-eva!

D-Rock said...

I recognize some good ol' Sundance peeps in your pics. Are you going up for any shows this festival?