Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Jeddy!

Happy Birthday to one of my best friends in the whole world! Jed is actually my cousin, but he's more like a brother to me. We've been best friends since the day he was born 29 years ago. Well, except for this short period in 1992 when he wore overall shorts and I was little too cool. We got over it.

Here are some of my favorite memories of Jed:


  • Writing letters: We've written hundreds of letters to each other over the years....from San Antonio, Kirbyville, Cedar City, various cities in Mexico. I still have most of those letters. When he was on his mission we also sent each other tapes. There's a lot of embarrassing material there.

  • Going to LDS Hospital in the middle of the night just to eat cheesecake in the cafeteria. We had to lie to get in. Well Jed lied, I just stood there trying to look believable.

  • Our trip to Portland in 1997. Crazy Mark and Heidi, South Park, walking across the Burnside Bridge, going to see The Full Monty, the crazy homeless guy on the train, Hard Times.

  • The day after Thanksgiving 1993. One word: Juggs.

  • Visiting his family in Texas in 1991 then driving back to Utah. "Let there be light!", baseball, I was convinced I saw Jim Morrison at Royal Gorge, Jed was obsessed with Paula Abdul.

  • Datenight and living up on Cortez Street (minus the dead mouse)

  • Early morning seminary in 9th grade. Jed singing hymns as an alto really loud and embarrassing me. This was during my too cool phase.

  • Watching Golden Girls

  • Alejandro Sparticus and Wendy Kroy














I hope you have a fabulous birthday Jeddy!! I love you!

4 comments:

Jed said...

Oh my God that made me laugh! I loved reading it and thank you SO much for everything you are. I got your card today and had a WONDERFUL birthday. You're the best Wendy...

Chris said...

Picture four kind of scares me. Picture five is hot, except what's with that little mini cigar? Picture six makes me wish I had known Jed when he was in his mid-20s (except I was married and having babies). And picture seven? That's the man I know and love!

Leslie said...

I think I remeber those overall shorts. Don't pretend you didn't have some too Jess! Tell Jed hi and happy birthday for me!

Jabortnik said...

I have a favorite Jed moment.. All I have to say is swimming suits, your basement, and Carolyn!