Monday, February 25, 2008

My life is brilliant!

This post is dedicated to Amy Hurdcakes because we finally spoke this weekend!! Sometimes we like to sing a little James Blunt when we're on the phone with each other. Amy, you're BEA-U-ti-FUL!  I can't wait to come visit you in New Orleans, but I will miss the P-burgh and all our misadventures there.  


Weekend was pretty chill. Hung out with Les, Sonny and Maberly on Friday. We went to dinner at a new sushi place, Sapporo. First bad sign: no Sapporo in sight! How can a restaurant be named after a beer and not serve any? It's just not right. Second bad sign: the sushi does not stick together and I look like a sushi novice with rice all over myself. Third bad sign: some of the sashimi did not look so fresh. I will not be going there ever again.  

Next up: In Bruges. SO funny! Colin Farrell needs to do more movies like this. Good ones, I mean. It's so un-PC it's hilarious. Two words: racist midgets. Go see it.  

Saturday was full of laundry and watching a Jackass marathon with Nolan. Sunday I hung out with the fam and watched the Oscars. My predictions were a little off, but I did win the pool at my house in case anyone is keeping score. I must say that No Country for Old Men is a fine, fine film and deserves the accolades. The Oscars seemed really, really long this year though. One redeeming thing: they showed Steven Spielberg a lot.  I made the mistake of telling everyone I thought he was hot.  I was mocked mercilessly for the rest of the evening. I'm not taking it back, he IS hot!!




My sister Heather and her family are in town and we had a big dinner tonight. It was so nice to see everyone!  

Sarah, Chaya and Heather (notice the irony of Chaya's shirt)


Travis and Kirsten


I tried to fix my mom's hair...


Heather and Terry


Grandma Shirley and Grandpa Ralph


Nolan and Paige


Me and Heather


3 comments:

Unknown said...

It so fun to see your fam! Your mom look great. How is she?

Violet said...

Hey, Valerie Bertinelli just revealed she slept with Spielberg. He's kind of cute. :) I missed you at book club.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! I just opened your blog from work, and all I saw was my FACE. Thanks for the dedication. I can't believe you're going to NOLA without me!!! Be sure to take the street car up St. Charles when you're there.