Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Seattle Wrap Up

Sadly, my time in Seattle has come to an end. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I had. It was awesome to see so many friends in one place. Here are the highlights:

Friday

  • Eating pumpkin pie at Grumbley's house while watching Sarah attack the mean cat
  • Buying the cutest green wallet you've ever seen
  • Walking through the streets of Wallingford singing Imogen Heap while inebriated
  • Having a reunion with Jed, Derek, Grumbley, Sarah, Kim and Chrissy! Getting to meet Shannon, Emily and Piper.  
Saturday
  • Underground Tour!  If you're ever in Seattle you absolutely have to go on this tour.  Lots of fun facts about Seattle and the best graffiti!

  • Eating fresh figs and tomatoes at Pike's Place
  • Some of the most delicious Thai food I've ever had. Peanut sauce is a gift from God.  
  • Watching Princess Bride half asleep
Sunday
  • Bainbridge Island: good bloody mary, good seafood, good company

  • The biggest beer I've ever had...I had to use 2 hands!

  • The biggest sundae I've ever had, although I did share it with 5 other people

Monday
  • Sitting in the sun with my best friends at Gasworks Park for a few hours
  • Eating scallop chowder and a crab roll in Post Alley
  • Hot, sugary doughnuts from Pike's Place. Doughnuts are also a gift from God.
  • Seeing Mt. Rainier while driving on a floating bridge. Spectacular!
  • I saw a guy wearing a Utilikilt at the airport!


Sarah, Grumbley, me, Kim, Shannon


Derek, Jed, Chris, me


Hello Angels! Shannon, Sarah, me


Jed is dirty when it comes to scarves.


Grumbley, Kim, Derek, Sarah, me


Eating chowder and crab rolls. Derek, Chris, Jed


Jed and me at Carey Park


Farewell Seattle!  Hopefully I will return to the Emerald City soon...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a blast! I can't believe how big that beer and sunday were! Yum! Did Jed move there? Or did he just meet up with you?

Jessica said...

Our friend Derek lives in Seattle, Jed and his boyfriend met us all there for the weekend.

Briana Ward said...

It sounds like you had a good time! Liam was sitting on my lap while reading your blog and now wants ice cream, hah! By the way you are not white you are beautiful!!! I wear sun block everyday but you just can not escape the sun here.