Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend Update

Good weekend!  I partied a little too hard on Thursday so I took it easy on Friday.  I saw There Will Be Blood again.  It was even more brilliant the second time.  The ending is perfection!  I kind of wish Daniel Day-Lewis was my boyfriend.  But alas, my heart belongs to another three named man: Philip Seymour Hoffman.  


Saturday I slept in!   Later Lesley, Maberly and I drove up to Logan for the annual Chocolate Festival to benefit Planned Parenthood.  First we volunteer at the fundraiser.




Then we go to The White Owl to drink. 




Mabe's cousin Cole and his cowboy friend Tut showed up. I would like to know how boys from Central Utah end up with Southern accents and say stuff like "I'm a freakin' agriculturalist."


Lesley's cute aunt, Laurie, always lets us stay overnight at her house and provides the beer!








I taught Les and Mabe how to play King's Cup.  I made a rule that you couldn't show your teeth and then I lost.






After we returned home from Logan on Sunday I went over to Calvary Baptist Church to see a new documentary:  The Wisdom of Our Years, Stories of African American Utahns.  The pastor of Calvary Baptist is France Davis, one of my favorite professors from college.  It was nice to see him again!  The documentary was powerful.  I think we sometimes take our opportunities for granted.   We don't think about the challenges and sacrifices people have made in the past that enable us to have unlimited possibilities now.  Makes you think.  

I ended the weekend watching Hostel 2.  Hmmmm...not sure what to say about that.  The things Nolan makes me watch.


Good thing about this week: I only have to work for 4 days!  On Friday I'm off to Seattle to visit Grumbley and Derek!  That's not all...Sarah, Kim, Jed and Chris will also be in Seattle so we'll have a small reunion.  I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Briana Ward said...

Nice to know that thee Owl is still there. Not that I was a customer or anything but Jeremy used to play there when we were in College and first married. We also have a really good friend (who is now also a musician in the navy) who was a bartender there. Glad you had a good weekend.