Friday, February 1, 2008

January Wrap Up

I was going to go to bed early tonight...I wasn't really feeling well. But of course when it gets late I wake up and my mind starts working. It's all very logical. January was an interesting month. Actually the first week or so pretty much sucked for me. I was in a bad place. But then one day I woke up and I just felt better. Life is cool that way.

Top 5 days in January: 10, 12, 17, 18, 24

Top 5 songs for January in chronological listening order:

1. This Modern Love: Bloc Party (not really a video, but at least you can hear the song)

I can't tell you how many times I listened to this song.  I actually started listening to this in December and it carried over into the New Year.  It makes me nostalgic about staying up ALL night and sending ill advised e-mails.  Also one of my favorite bands.  



2. No One: Alicia Keys

Sarah introduced me to this song in Phoenix, but it was on repeat for a few weeks in January.



3. Goodnight and Go: Imogen Heap

I've always liked this song, but I rediscovered it this month.



4. Flower: Liz Phair (again, unfortunately not a video)

Warning: This song has very explicit lyrics. But I know some of you like that...ha ha! I can't tell you why I like this song, only that it kicks ass.



5. Freedom: George Michael

So I was sitting in my friend Katie's office on Monday night and this song came on her iPod. We reminisced about the video and how we thought we were such hot shit back in the day. I had really forgotten how fucking awesome George Michael is. I have truly become obsessed...I might have a problem.


No comments: