Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I have become uncomfortably numb

My mouth hurts. I went to the dentist today to get 4 fillings. I know that sounds like a lot, but I've only had one other filling and it was in high school so I figure my average is pretty good. All 4 of my bicuspids had cavities; this meant my entire mouth had to be numbed. I looked like the Elephant Man and I was drooling. A lot. Kind of reminded me of the time I had Bell's Palsy in college. Very sexy. 


Everything started out ok...the top two fillings were easy. The bottom ones were tough. I have a freakish mouth: it's really, really small and apparently resistant to numbing agents. I had to get 2 more shots on the bottom, but then I could still feel it on the right side. So then I had to get this extra strong shot that hurt like hell and made my heart race and my hands shake. Nice. I think everything was numb except the tooth he was drilling into. One piece of advice for you: floss your teeth!!

On my way home I was hungry so I stopped at Taco Bell. I tried very unsuccessfully to eat a taco with half of my mouth still numb. I kind of wish I had pictures, but that would be gross.  

In other news: 
  • Barack swept the primaries today. He's definitely gaining some momentum!
  • My sister Paige passed out while driving and got in a car accident. Luckily she's ok and no one got hurt.  She did get a ticket for smoking in front of the cops though. Real smart. 
  • I'm obsessed with Nip/Tuck again

  • I'm about to call the Pittsburgh Police Department to file a missing persons report on behalf of Amy. Call a bitch back!

  • I'm also obsessed with Ryan Adams again. Amy once told me I had hair like Ryan Adams. I think it was a compliment.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I cannot believe how old Paige is! She is so cute! You look really good by the way!