Friday, February 8, 2008

Year of the Rat

Last night I got together with a few friends to celebrate the Chinese New Year. After a heated and comical e-mail exchange that resulted in no less than 101 e-mails in my inbox, we decided to have dinner at the Hong Kong Tea House. Just FYI: They do, in fact, serve dim sum after 3 pm as an appetizer.  This was a significant point of contention in the e-mail exchange.  


2008 is the Year of the Rat. A Rat Year is a time of hard work, activity, and renewal. This is a good year to begin a new job, get married, launch a product or make a fresh start. Ventures begun now may not yield fast returns, but opportunities will come for people who are well prepared and resourceful. The best way for you to succeed is to be patient, let things develop slowly, and make the most of every opening you can find. 

I'm not sure how all this will affect me since I am a Horse and apparently the Rat/Horse relationship is not a good one. I guess we'll just have to see what 2008 has in store for me.  I have a good feeling about it. 


Kristina and Monty


Katie, Karl and Joshi


Staci, Metra, Tommy


Maberly and Bill


First the mussel debacle and now this short rib. Why is Asian food so sexual?? At least we didn't have beef balls.

Metra, Tommy, Cindy, Katie


Typical Monty behavior


Metra really isn't crying. But Lesley really is laughing at her.


Don't ask...


Me and Tommy


Bill and Maberly

1 comment:

Violet said...

I'm a sheep/ram and we get along great with horses! :)