Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Weekend Update

So part of getting back into my routine is starting up with my weekend updates again. I checked and the last one I did was in June. I had a weekend full of pictures, so you're in luck.

Friday night I went to Allen's work party and sipped on a little gin and juice. After a little bit of sipping, Monty and I thought it might be a good idea to ride an ice block down the hill. We fell off, several times. Then I thought it might be a good idea to try to go down the hill standing up. Wearing heels. FYI: Not a good idea. The pictures are all on Allen's camera, but he's sick so I'll have to post them later.

Part of my regular Saturday afternoon routine is seeing a movie at the Broadway. I can't tell you the last time I saw a movie there. But this Saturday I saw Tell No One, a French thriller. Highly recommended!


Later on, Lesley and I made our way over to Metra's for a little Rock Band party. I had never played before, but I definitely rocked that shit. Although I must say I'm a better singer than a drummer. Best to stick with the air drums for now.

Lesley kicked my ass the whole night



Cindy, Diane and me rocking out






Monty decided to try out the guitar and Sonny took over on drums



I ran into this kid, Adam, that I went to high school with

We drank all of Aaron's Jager, so I poured him some whiskey

Adam and Aaron

Metra kicked my ass on the drums too


My sister Mercedes has been in Odyssey House, a residential drug treatment center, since January. It's a pretty intense, controlled program. She can only have visitors for 2 hours on Sundays and has to earn the privilege to leave the facility. On Sunday my step-mom Isi called to let me know Mercedes was going to be able to come home for a few hours to see the family and her kids, Teagan and Scarlett. So we decided to have a little birthday party for Teagan at the park since he turned 4 a few weeks ago. It was great to see her doing so well. She just had her one year anniversary of being sober and I'm so proud of her!

Teagan is obsessed with Scooby Doo so we got him a Scooby cake!

Scarlett ate her cake and ended up looking like the Joker. I kept trying to get her to say, "Why so serious?"

My brother Scottie and his girlfriend Alicia

Scarlett and Mercedes

My dad looks pretty in pink

The Joker again...

Teagan and Manny had fun with the trick handcuffs

Teagan, my sister Jackie, Scarlett



4 comments:

Jessica said...

Jager & rockstar. Now that is my kind of get together. But I would have to have quite a few shots or Jager and red bulls in order to kick your ass.
Must post pictures of high heel ice blocking soon!
And what a cute family you have.

Briana Ward said...

Looks like a fun weekend. I am glad to hear that Mercedes is doing so well, her kids are adorable and she looks great!

Leslie said...

Was that Adam Harris? It looks like Adam Harris. Ha ha!

Jessica said...

Totally Adam Harris! And tonight I ran into Jared Anderson. Girl, we have shit to talk about on Monday!