Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Amy!!

Another one bites the dust. Happy 30th Birthday to one of my very best friends, Ms. Amy L. Hurd!! I met Amy in grad school at the University of Chicago on a warm September day in 2001. We lived in the same building on the crazy South Side for two years and we've had quite a few adventures together.  

Some of my favorite memories, in no particular order:
  • Watching Conan every night and talking on the phone for hours, even though we were only two floors apart
  • Drinking all night at Jimmy's and eating cheeseburgers
  • Cubs game Spring 2003: lots of Old Style beer, the red line, shots at Bar Louie, the 55 bus, peeing at Lucky Strike, asking Mr. God is all that and a bag of chips if I was too drunk to go to a student government meeting with Ginny Cooke
  • Our mutual love for R. Kelly, Snoop Dogg and 50 Cent "Girl, would you love me on a bus?" "Ooooh girl, I love you like a fat kid love cake!"
  • Grocery shopping at the Dominick's on Canal Street and the time I accidentally left my meat and eggs in her trunk for a week in the summer. Took her all week to figure out where that smell was coming from.
  • The way she says water with her cute Virginia accent. Kind of like "warter."
  • Driving to Indiana to get some Taco Bell
  • Our scenic trip to Coeur d'Alene where she almost died parasailing
  • Pittsburgh: Kelly's, Ray's, our wine tour of the world (fuck South Africa!), air drums in the back of the Subaru, waiting for the pipes to unfreeze, almost flying to NY in a drunken moment, Toby Keith, Intervention
  • Taking the green line in Chicago: "I'm not here to rob you!"
  • Riding the alpine slide at Snowbird and picking up the pieces of my broken camera
  • "I'm on vacation, don't judge me."




















Happy Birthday Amy!  I love you girl!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the very sweet birthday post. Those are some HORRIBLE pics, my friend - how you found them all, I'll never know.

Jessica said...

I think they're all cute!! Don't be so mean to your hot self.