Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend Update

What a crazy weekend! I pretty much partied from Thursday to Saturday without stopping. Such is life. Jed arrived on Wednesday night and we stayed up late talking and talking and talking. I swear we never run out of things to talk about. It's so nice to have him here!  


Thursday night we decided to resurrect Datenight! Allen, Jed and I went to the Blue Iguana for some Mexican food (try the tinga!) and margaritas. Then we were across the street to The Red Door. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera there, but Jed and Allen did so I'll have to post those pictures later. Dorian and Cassie met us later and we decided to go back to my house and play King's Cup. Hilariousness ensued.

Jed, Cassie, Dorian


Cassie's ready to go!


Only the finest for us: Keystone Light!




Durrian!


We are so hot!


Facemask/Burn!


Allen and I took the day off on Friday to hang out with Jed. We went to breakfast and then off to my mom's house for a visit. Jed decided to serenade us with some Coldplay on the piano.


Later Jed and I took a nice ride up Parley's Canyon and then down Emigration Canyon. It was a beautiful day, but unfortunately I got really carsick. Maybe one of these days I'll outgrow that.  

When Jed and I returned to Allen's house there was a girl there named Caylah. She had just arrived right before Jed and I did. We just assumed she was one of Allen's friends. But no, no one knew her. She claims she was looking for another house...but then she wouldn't leave. There were even two little kids asleep in her car. Apparently she wasn't really worried about them because she decided to take a big swig out of a rum bottle and then started going through Allen's drawers. She was seriously a freak! One of the kids woke up in the car and I suggested that she go check on the kids. She wouldn't leave for like 20 minutes. I kind of wish I would have taken her picture so you could see her, but I was just so taken aback by her behavior I didn't think about it until later. Seriously one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

Friday night we introduced Jed to Juniors!  

Scott and Jed


Tommy, Sonny, Bill


Scott and Peppa D


Allen and Monty


Scott looks GOOD in glasses


Later in the night we decided it would be a good idea to go dancing at Sound.  I had SO much fun!  I hadn't danced like that for years.  

Allen, Jed and Mont


I'm way into it


Mont


Jed, me, Allen


I ran into Paige's friend Kelly...that was weird. Me, Kelly, Jed, Mont


Scott and Jed


Saturday Jed left to go visit his family in Cedar City. I went to Brewvies with Les, Sonny, Mont, Maberly and Bill. We saw National Treasure: The Book of Secrets.  


It was terrible, but at least I got to laugh at the dialogue. After the movie we were off to Ex-Wives for some beer and conversation. I don't have any pictures, sorry.  

Sunday the time changed.  I hate Daylight Savings for the first week because it makes me wake up early. Luckily I got to sleep in for a bit on Sunday. In the afternoon I went over to Odyssey House to visit my sister Mercedes.  She's been in the residential drug treatment program for about a month now and she seems to be doing well.  There are all these things you can't talk about though and I kept saying all the wrong things: drugged out, operation, jail.  Obviously you're not supposed to talk about drugs, but I was talking about my brother having his appendix out and being drugged out. Then she told me I couldn't talk about medical procedures.  If they don't want me to say certain words they should give me a damn handbook! It was really great to see her and she looks so much more healthy than last time I saw her. I hope she sticks with it. Here she is with her kids Scarlett and Teagan.


The rest of Sunday was filled with laundry. I stayed up way too late watching In the Line of Fire with my mom, Paige and Nolan.


It was pretty good. I think John Malkovich is way hot and his voice is strangely sexy. Too bad he's a Libertarian. He probably voted for my nemesis Ron Paul. 


So that's the short version of the weekend's events. Jed gets back into town in a day or so...I'm sure we'll find some more crazy stuff to do. I leave for New Orleans on Saturday and I'll try to get another blog in before I go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A stranger was in Allen's house, with two kids in the car, swigging rum and refusing to leave? I can't handle more of your stories.