Sunday, December 30, 2007

One drink to remember, then another to forget

Do you know this Dave Matthews song? It's called Grace Is Gone and I was introduced to this song by a Mr. Todd Stull in Chicago circa 2002. Neon shines through smokey eyes tonight. Fuckin' neon. T-O-DD...that's a double D! That was so long ago, yet I still think about that January night 2003. I AM NOT ALONE! Talk about the weather. So much to say! Little Bay-bee! Remember when we got drunk before big SGA nights? Then we stole all the good beer. Todd, life is short but sweet for certain. Things we cannot change...I came to you at last. Into your heart I'll beat again. I promise you I will learn from mistakes...

You know who really saved me? (Besides Todd)

Amy!
You say my hell is a closet and I'm stuck inside....


Sarah!
When you try your best, but you don't succeed; when you love someone but it goes to waste. Could it be worse?


Jeddy and Allen! When you lose something you cannot replace...


Derek! Lights will guide you home...and I will try to fix you.

4 comments:

sweber said...

girl, you got deep last night. and your post made me all teary. you've saved me back a million times over.

Anonymous said...

though i do not speak your new language, it is sweeeeet.

Anonymous said...

also, dave m. makes me cry like an infant getting an enema. why don't you come to pittsburgh so we can watch Intervention and listen to Dave ?

Jessica said...

I seriously don't know what I was writing. I've hardly slept all week and I think I was delerious from lack of sleep.