Sunday, December 30, 2007

December Wrap Up

Wow. I guess I got a little nostalgic last night listening to Dave Matthews. That was a weird post. You know, I actually kind of OD'd on Dave Matthews a few years back and I haven't been able to listen to him for awhile. Now I know why...he makes me write crazy things. Just kidding. Kind of. I wrote a few crazy e-mails last night too. Sometimes I think I should not be allowed to have a computer. But what do you do? What's done is done and all that cliche bullshit. Also, Sarah and Derek left Salt Lake recently and I'm really sad about that. I miss Jed terribly lately. Amy and I haven't been having enough phone calls that last for hours on end. Why do all of my friends live so gd far away??

Well, it truly has been a long December. It's been full of highs and lows and lots of snow. I don't have too many cool pictures from the beginning of December. But I did go to Phoenix for a week in mid-December for a work-vacation. Actually, I really went for work. But since Sarah lives there we turned it into a vacation.



The hottest bartender ever: Justin. I love him, but he only has eyes for Sarah.


I just paid $11 for this beer because it was from the hot bartender and he was honest.


My employer made me wear this hat at our Western themed holiday party. Lame. I was not amused, but at least I got to wear jeans and drink a margarita.


I had book club the day I returned from Phoenix. It was a small crowd, but we always know how to par-tay!




Derek came into town and we went to Pouya's bad ass birthday party and danced the night away.



One snowy night Derek and I wrote some bad poetry and then decided to burn it in my backyard.





It's been really, really cold here lately and my house is covered with icicles. It was hard for me to get a good picture since it was the middle of the night, but I like the red house in the background. You can also see the back of Everett's old apartment building. He was so not cool. Right before I took this picture I saw what I thought to be a cat running around the backyard. But no, it was a freaking huge raccoon! It was gross looking, but I couldn't get a good picture of him so you'll just have to trust me.


On December 19, I lost a good friend: David D'Antuono. He was one of the most generous people I have ever met. I first met him through work, but he quickly became a friend. David was a leukemia survivor and the General Manager of ABC 4 here in Salt Lake. Know I will always remember you David!

3 comments:

sweber said...

someone was drinking boddingston's at the bar last night and i thought of you. when are you coming back to phx?

Leslie said...

Damn it girl, your social life makes me jealous! If you go to Hawaii I'm there! Don't remind me about turning 30. At least you are after me!

Anonymous said...

a few thoughts:

1. you and sarah are so much better than looking than i am. seriously. like, way better looking. why you keep me around, i don't know.

2. you always wear the cutest clothes. always have.

3. i'd wear a cosby hat at a holiday party if it meant wearing a short-sleeve shirt

4. it's a shame about david. may he be in peace.

5. i am sad.