Friday, December 28, 2007

Listmania!

A couple of days ago my friend and fellow Guinness drinker, Sonny, sent me an article with The Definitive Top 25 Movies of 2007. As some of you know, I LOVE lists! I like to make them, I like to check things off. Basically, I'm a big dork. For the past two months I have fallen way behind on movies due to a number of things that start with B: bronchitis, beer, boys, business trip. However, I haven't had to work all week so I've had some time on my hands and I've fit in a few viewings. So I've decided to make my own list of Top 10 Movies of 2007!

1. Lars and the Real Girl

2. Hot Fuzz

3. King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters

4. In the Shadow of the Moon

5. Once

6. American Gangster

7. Juno

8. Ratatouille

9. Into the Wild

10. No Country For Old Men

Honorable Mention: Waitress, Knocked Up, Gone Baby Gone, Sicko, Talk to Me, I'm Not There (added later...can't believe I forgot this one!)

If these movies were actually playing in Salt Lake they would probably make my list too: The Savages (with my boyfriend PSH), There Will Be Blood and Persepolis

Movies I still need to see: Atonement, Away From Her, Lust Caution, Michael Clayton, Enchanted, The Host, The Nines, Charlie Wilson's War

PS: I've been listening to Lovely Day by Bill Withers on repeat for 2 days. Why is this song so amzing?? This man is a genius!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Once is amazingly good.

Anonymous said...

How about a list of up comming movie for 2008?

off the top of my head, in no order

1.There will be blood (gotta love PTA and D D Lewis)
2.Cloverfield (who doesn't love giant monster movies)
3.Be kind rewind (Gondry/Black & Def -nuff said)
4.Iron Man (Favs & Downey Jr)
5.Batman (THE FUCKING JOKER!!!)
6.The Incredible Hulk (Norton)
7.Indiana Jone and the kingdom of the crystal skulls (Marion Ravenwood is back!)
8.James Bond (well James Bond)
9.Hellboy II: and the golden army (10 years ago I told people about Guillermo del Torro ... only now do they listen ... fuckers!)
10.Pineapple Express (Apatow)
11.Futurama (3 more direct to DVD movies)

Okay i'm dry.... yes i'm a geek.

Anyone anyone ...