Friday, December 28, 2007

Transliteration

Just thought you'd like to see what the fancy Hindi transliteration button does. It's a quote by Gandhi, which I found quite appropriate.

बे थे चंगे यू विष तो सी इन थे वर्ल्ड.
महात्मा गाँधी

English Transliteration:
Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Words I try to live by...I wish I had half of his courage, passion, self-control and integrity. Here's one of my favorite pictures of Gandhi taken by Margaret Bourke-White in 1946. Interesting back story: The spinning wheel was a symbol of Indian independence and Gandhi wouldn't let her take the picture until she learned how to use the spinning wheel herself. In addition, it was taken on his day of silence so she wasn't allowed to speak directly to him. A man of strict principles is a man admired.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love this quote. Thanks for the info on the photo. I didn't know any of the background on it.