Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 in Review: Part I

If 2007 was a year of tremendous personal growth, 2008 was a year a experimentation and controlled spontaneity (ha!). I pushed myself out of my comfort zone, I made a few impulsive decisions, I met some great new friends, I traveled a lot and I am a happier person after all of it. Enjoy the highlights of 2008!

January

Had my first drama free New Year's Eve in many, many years. No sleeping for 3 weeks straight, stupid insomnia. Sent several Fatal Attraction-esque 4 am e-mails. Ron Paul became my nemesis. Became obsessed with Daniel Day-Lewis after seeing There Will Be Blood. 

Stanley went to dog heaven.


I got my picture taken with Punk Rocker. Hung out at Juniors way too much.


The infamous Mussel Debacle occurred.



February

Chinese New Year at Hong Kong Tea House. Had to get several fillings at the dentist. Road trip to Logan for the Chocolate Festival. 

Monty and I took a spontaneous trip to Wendover. 


Good times in Seattle with Sarah, Kim, Grumbley, Derek, Jed and Chris! I ended up getting very, very sick once I arrived home. 





March

Sick, sick, sick. Is it the flu? Is it mono? Is it the plague? I would feel better for two days, then be sick again for another week. I took lots of pills and lived on popsicles. I felt like dying. Good Friday turns into Bad Saturday.

Jed visits!


My first trip to New Orleans! I felt deathly ill, but I still partied hard. 




April

Insomnia returns with a vengeance. Still sick. Developed an unhealthy obsession with Arrested Development.

Ryan visits! We go to a wedding and I make him dance. 



Aimee, Jack, Macklin and Braden visit!




May

Chris Williams visits for Cinco de Mayo and makes Meximelts. My a-hole neighbor Joe has loud parties. A seagull pooped on my face. Became obsessed with Flight of the Conchords. A late night game of poker ended in an interesting way, let's just say something was broken.

Phoenix to see Sarah! 


June

Thirsty Thursdays at the Bee's games. My grandpa turned 80. Arts Festival. Pride Parade. 

Brooks turned 21 and I went crazy with the Jameson. 


Scarlett got a bike!

No comments: