Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Weekend Update

It's been awhile since I've done a weekend update; I feel so behind on life sometimes. This weekend was pretty fun, but not out of control. I had a cold and I was in a bad mood so I didn't really do much all week. But I was ready to go out on Friday night, just to see people. We started at one on my favorite restaurants, Mi La Cai, for some Vietnamese food. It was delicious, as always. I was a little taken aback when the girl Jeff brought with him asked me what eggplant was. I tried not to act like she was stupid, but I'm not sure I was very convincing. I admit I sort of judged her at first. But as the night went on I found her to be quite interesting, baring the whole eggplant thing. 

After dinner we decided to go bowling at Bonwood Lanes. This place is rough. I think at least half of the convicts from the Utah State Prison hang out there after being released. It was good people watching, for sure. Bill was in charge of entering our names for the games. I'll give you one guess for the name he picked for me. Thanks for that, Bill. It's #2 for those of you who aren't familiar with Peppa or her hands.  


Les, Sonny, Bill, Mabe




Sonny, Bill, Jeff


Jeff was hopeful, but not lucky


Mabe and Lesley


Jeff's huge ride; every time I get out I risk death from falling ten feet


Jeff and Bill became very close


Saturday was the Utah/BYU game. The Utes have been playing well and a perfect season was hanging in the balance. Turned out to be a pretty good game. I really, really hate BYU and I was glad to see Max Hall throw 5 interceptions. Looks like the Utes were living right. So much for BYU's pathetic Quest for Perfection. When the Utah score got to be 40 my mom decided to bust out this Olde English 40 she had stashed in the fridge. Paige and Damien had given it to her as a joke, I was surprised she drank it. Here she is polishing it off. Final score: 48-24. Go Utes!


After the game Monty and I met some people at Port O Call. I f-ing hate that place. I hadn't been there in awhile and I decided to give it another chance. Bad idea. It is full of the creepiest guys and the bartenders are a-holes. I didn't even take any pictures, that's how bad it was. 

Sunday was pretty low key. I started out the day by visiting my sister, Mercedes, at Odyssey House with my dad and Scarlett. Mercedes is doing well and she graduates from drug court in January. She's making progress with her treatment and will probably be at Odyssey House until early Spring. Here's my niece, Scarlett!


Song of the day on repeat: So Here We Are, Bloc Party

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, I feel that I redeemed Port O Call a little with the video game bowling!

Jessica said...

Actually, that was the best part of the whole night! We should find that game at another bar, however.