Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

Gratitude (grat-i-tood)
–noun
the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful

Today is Thanksgiving! It's always been one of my favorite holidays. And not just for the obvious reasons like massive amounts of food, days off from work, pie or square dancing. Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the holiday season: a time for generosity, introspection and resolutions. 

What are you thankful for? Take the time to think about that. Let people know you are thankful for them and truly appreciate them. No matter how, where or with whom you celebrate it, value the holiday and what it represents. Everyone has something and someone to be grateful for. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!


Top 5 Things for Which I Am Grateful

1. Family-My family is not just a bunch of people to whom I am biologically linked. I consider many people in my family to also be my best friends. Cousins are more like brothers, sisters are non-judgmental confidants and my mom is indispensable. 

2. My country-Our nation just elected a young, smart, hope inspiring man that is going to change this world for the better and that makes me happy. 

3. Health-Ok, so I had my tonsils out and I was sick more times this year than I care to count. However, I'm actually pretty healthy considering the way I treat my body. I need to work on that.

4. Friends-Past, present and future. I have some of the best friends in the entire world! Sometimes I get lonely because so many of my friends live far away. Luckily, they are only a phone call away. 

5. My Job-I get to go to work and do something I love everyday: helping people, giving back, working towards the greater good. Yes, some days are difficult. I deal with people in crisis on a daily basis and that can be emotionally taxing. But ultimately it's extremely rewarding and I learn so about what is really important in life. 


1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm greatful to have friends who write such inspiring posts! I love this time of year too, minus the cold.

P.S. I really hope you're right about Obama:)