Thursday, August 7, 2008

Deal Breakers

So I've kind of been hanging out with a few guys here and there lately and sometimes I wonder how people actually get together. How do they stand to be around each other when there are so many things that can quickly become deal breakers? I realize that I am easily irritated and somewhat neurotic (is that an oxymoron?), but there are some things that I just can't let fly. Such as:

1. Long fingernails
2. Having an undisclosed girlfriend
3. Not liking gay people
4. Liking gay people too much (AKA: he's totally gay)
5. Text stalking
6. Leaving the toilet lid up
7. Joining a radical pro-life group on Facebook
8. Chronic tardiness
9. Overuse of emoticons in text/im/email
10. Making weird comments about how small my feet are

8 comments:

Briana Ward said...

I did not know you had small feet.
have a good day!

Jessica said...

Ok, those would annoy the shit out of me too! But, my husband did, & still does have annoying things that big the shit out of me & I either tell him they still bug me, ignore them, or try to make a joek out of them hoping he will get the hint.

When you find someone who does not have about 5 things that bug you, please let me know so we can clone him!
It is amamzing how people get together.

Unknown said...

Where you discribing me in that blog?

Leslie said...

It's all about how much you can tolerate!

Jessica said...

Allen were you speaking English in that post? I should add #11: donating plasma for gas money.

Anonymous said...

What about donating plasma to buy beer?

I think it's good you know your deal breakers. I think I tend to "make exceptions" to mine in the beginning, then I get stuck with someone who has a characteristic that I can't stand.

On a couple of those "deal breakers" - couldn't you just ask the person to change the habit (i.e. not use so many emoticons when emailing you). I went a little emoticon crazy when I first discovered them. Jim and I would have entire conversations with only emoticons.

;P

Bob said...

#6 kinda goes with the territory of being a guy.

The others I can totally see being deal breakers.

Jessica said...

Don't pay attention to Bob's comment Jess :)
Devin has been trained, and puts the seat down.