Thursday, August 14, 2008

Is August Over Yet??

I can't believe that August is half over. I swear I have been going non-stop for 2 weeks: people in town, weddings, birthdays. It never stops. I seriously can't keep track of the days. Next up I'm off to Phoenix on Saturday for a few days, then to Seattle the next weekend. Unfortunately I only have time for a short update. One of these days you will once again be enjoying my witty repartee about the state of the world. But until then, here are the highlights from the past few weeks.  

Derek came to town!



Jed came to town!



Ryan came to town!



Various parties occurred and wackiness ensued



























Monty went into a 7-11 wearing this interesting outfit and tried to buy some beer



Conversation at the counter:

Shopkeep: I don't think you are supposed to come in here like that...
Mont: What?
I have shoes.
I have shirt.
I have service.
Shopkeep: Well, that's arguable...



I took a weekend road trip up to Rupert, Idaho for Maberly and Bill's wedding. I saw lots of hay, horses and roadkill.  














Jed, Derek, Monty and I took a drive up to Park City where it poured rain while some band across the street was playing "Have You ever Seen the Rain?"  It was eerily prophetic; the rain was indeed coming down on a sunny day.  














My nephew Teagan turned 4 on Sunday! Jed and I went and had dinner at my dad's and hung out with Scarlett and Teagan.  









Other interesting developments:
  • I bought some millionaire jeans I can't really afford, but damn they look good 
  • I might be brave enough to wear a bikini in Phoenix
  • Allen's birthday is next week, but I'm not buying him a damn rabbit
  • Chaya is back from camp in Maine
  • I'm obsessed with a song called Brandy Alexander by Ron Smithsmith but I can't find it online anywhere to post here (props to Mark for introducing me to it)
  • I got this sweet photo in the mail from Barack and Michelle (yeah, we're totally on a first name basis) and now it's on my fridge right next to Gandhi


1 comment:

Jessica said...

I was just introduced to his music by my brother this week while driving through Jackson. I love him.