Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Allen!

Ok, so Allen's birthday was way back on August 19, but I was in Phoenix so I'm just catching up. Happy 30th Birthday to one of my very favorite people: Allen E. Hatch! Allen and I met in August 2004 when I first moved in with Jed and we were instant friends. He helped me build an entertainment center; I introduced him to PBR. Here are some of my favorite memories of Allen throughout the years:

  • Datenight: playing King's Cup, that one ill fated shot of tequila, taquitos, messing around on the futon, making up names for my punches
  • Putting things together: most of my current furniture and the infamous beer bong
  • Making me go to chain restaurants like Chuck-A-Rama and Cracker Barrel
  • I love that he is so grossed out by boogers and I take advantage of that sometimes
  • Going to Sundance: Wristcutters (still not that good of a movie Allen), sleeping on the floor of Jed's condo, walking around Park City in the snow hungover
  • Talking on the phone all night, texting, instant messaging...we're pretty much in constant communication
  • Our mutual love for R. Kelly's Ignition (Remix)
  • Sometimes we have ESP and can read each other's minds or finish each other's sentences. Really, it's true.
  • Going with him to meet his favorite newscaster Mark Kobel. I thought he might have a heart attack at first sight.
  • Hanging out with my mom...I think he loves her more than me!
First time I hung out with Allen and I made him build furniture





Beer bong!







He got to meet Mark Kobel!



Checking out his match.com profile...or is that manhunt??





Face!



Trying to turn my nephew into a baby wino



BFF!!

No comments: