Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Sarah!

Happy 31st Birthday to my oldest, bestest friend! Wow, I don't even know where to start with the memories. We met in 1988 (was that seriously 20 years ago??) when she moved to Salt Lake City from Soda Springs, Idaho. I made her watch Cache Perkins play baseball at recess and she kicked my ass as tetherball. I can't imagine my life without Sarah; so much of me is made from what I learned from her. Happy Birthday Sarah, I love you!

Here are some of my favorite memories of Sarah:
  • Prank calls in junior high. "Who do you like?"
  • Writing notes to each other and playing MASH
  • 2 words: Church Ball
  • Making an art form out of stalking boys
  • Various trips: San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, road trip to Colorado where she almost killed me, SO many trips to Phoenix I've lost count, Bear Lake Lillith Fair, Vegas, Tucson, Disneyland
  • Getting the cops called on us when we were trying to ask Ryan Robison to a dance
  • Eating at Einsteins every day in college




    The ever present scarf


    I have about 500 pictures of her hand



    Besties!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like you had a bit of a crush on Cash! :) He is still one of my bestest friends. Oh man, I could just picture him then; skinny, scrawny, & toe headed. He actually came by to see me last week.

Jessica said...

Oh wow, that's embarrassing. I totally had a huge crush on Cache in 6th grade and I'm pretty sure he knew it. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Sarah is the best thing to ever come out of Idaho.