Saturday, January 31, 2009

January Wrap Up

Top 5 Days in January: 7, 16, 21, 24, 31

Top 5 Things That Must G0:

1. Inversion
2. Nebulousness
3. Vodka on Wednesdays
4. Bars on the west side
5. $12 drinks

Top 5 Things That Make Me Smile:

1. Reuniting with old friends from India
2. President Barack Obama
3. Book Club
4. The Bakery
5. 30 Rock

Top 5 Songs

1. Come Home: Back Door Slam

Um, these kids are only 20?? One word: amazing.




2. Walk Away: Ben Harper

I was really, really into this song in 2003 when I lived in Chicago. I recently rediscovered it and also discovered it still makes me sad.




2. Use Somebody: Kings of Leon
One of my favorite bands is finally breaking through the mainstream. Great song. 

3. Blindsighted: Bon Iver




4. Old White Lincoln: The Gaslight Anthem

So the lead singer kind of sounds like stupid Brandon Flowers from The Killers. One difference though, this band actually kicks ass. It's a weird mix of Bruce Springsteen and The Clash, I like it.




5. Heartless: Kanye West


PS: Happy Birthday to Sonny!


3 comments:

Jabortnik said...

I agree, I hate $12 drinks.

Jessica said...

Seriously! I can buy my own damn bottle of vodka for $12.

Anonymous said...

Top 5 things that must go:

1. People who are weak. Do not convince yourself that it's going to work. It will not. People are such chicken shit. Or, bullshit? Perhaps both.

2. Tiny Dancer.

3. Cocktails during the work week

4. Influenza

5. Debt

Top 10 things that make me smile:

1. Watching my videos (perhaps that is my next career move; I'm sure they'll love my Henry's, FQ, shooting range, and drinking-while-driving portfolio.).

2. Thinking of those young Jewish boys from New Jersey who broke your camera, and how hard we laughed when that young guy found the remaining pieces.

3. Playing the tambourine while I dance.

4. Drinking out of the same bowl at the resort bar in Idaho, while experiencing the worst karaoke one could imagine.

5. Our dinner cruise with Joan Jett.

6. The memo about the building improvements. "They woke me up at 7:00 a.m., and then they crashed through my window!"

7. "I am not alone."

8. Hearing you laugh when I sing to you, and do impressions.

9. Quitting a job. That always makes me smile.

10. Reading your blog.

I love you!