Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Half Birthdays and Such

Very bad start to the year. I haven't kept any of my resolutions or even thought about keeping them. Tonight I ate Oreos and Pringles for dinner. I don't think winter is good for me. The cold irritates me, the dark makes me sad and the snow forces me to become a recluse. At least I have a couple of vacations to look forward to: Roatan in February and a long overdue trip to Austin to see Ryan and Scott in March. One day, I will be warm again.

Yesterday was my half birthday, I'm now 30 1/2 years old. It sounds a lot older than 30. Anyway, in honor of my half birthday here's a little glimpse into my psyche based on my birthday:

July 12: You Are a Magician

You're a dynamic, charismatic person who's possibly headed for fame.
You tend to charm strangers easily. And you usually can get what you want from them.
Verbally talented, you tend to persuade people with your speaking and writing.
You are affectionate and loving, but it's hard for you to commit to any one relationship.

Your strength: Your charm

Your weakness: Your extreme manipulation tactics

Your power color: Indigo

Your power symbol: Four leaf clover

Your power month: December

Jed sent this to me and he thinks it's pretty accurate. He's just jealous because his power color is tan. Lame. What does your birth date mean?

Song of the day on repeat: Missed the Boat, Modest Mouse

This is one of my very favorite songs by one of my very favorite bands. The lyrics are brilliant. Hopefully, I haven't missed the boat just yet...I suppose I'll leave that question for when I'm 31.

5 comments:

Briana Ward said...

31 does seem a lot older then just plain old 30. I checked out my birthday and it does not sound a thing like me but my power color was still better then tan although I think yours is the winner!

Jessica said...

Bahh, not looking forward to my actual 31 birthday in a couple months! My birthday does not sound like me either, as I am no super genius!

One of my favorite songs by modest mouse as well. If you listen to Pandora, Modest Mouse is a great station.

balex said...

what am i ... chopped liver?

Jessica said...

Oh, I'm sorry, Mr. Balex. I think I might be able to pencil you into my busy Austin schedule. :)

Leslie said...

Ha ha! Happy half-birthday! That just means that I am MORE than half-way to 31. Yikes! What's worse is that after I turn 31, my son will turn 9. Holy shit.