Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Update

Music for tonight's blogging: Once Soundtrack. I was obsessed with this music in July 2007 and I listened to this song about 1000 times when I was having some boy trouble. Check out the movie if you haven't seen it.



I had a lot going on this weekend, mostly family stuff. Friday was my mom's birthday so we went out to dinner. Unfortunately Kirsten had to work, so it was just Paige, my mom and me. We ended up at Jasmine because my mom wanted some sushi.



Paige ended up ordering half of the menu.

After dinner we went home and played Scrabble

And Boggle. Don't make fun, we're a family of wordsmiths!


Saturday started off in a sad way. Last week my cousin's baby died of leukemia and the funeral was Saturday morning. I hadn't seen my cousin Brandon or his wife in awhile because he's been going to grad school in Kansas. I didn't even get the chance to meet his sweet baby girl McKensie before she passed away.

She was diagnosed 6 months ago, went through 5 rounds of chemo and they just couldn't get her well enough to have a bone marrow transplant. It just broke my heart and I cried and cried. I can't even imagine having to bury a child or watching a child suffer and feeling so helpless. I know Brandon and Tiffany take comfort in knowing she's not in pain anymore, she's in a better place and that they will see her again.

Guess who's back?? Monty finally returned from Canada after working there for five weeks. I was about to call the Mounties to file a missing persons report but he showed up on Thursday. I missed him!!

Monty has been pretty much apolitical his whole life and I'm always giving him grief about it. Imagine my surprise when he told me he went to register to vote in person! I'm so proud of him. Then he shocked me again by suggesting we go see W, a very political movie. Highly recommended!


Sunday is for church and that's where I was. My cousin Ben has been in Berlin the past two years on a mission and we all got dressed up to go hear him speak. Kirsten even made an appearance!


I know you're not supposed to take secret pictures in church, but I found it slightly ironic that Hitler sat next to Ben on the stand, given that he had just come home from Germany and all. I'm sure this guy is nice, but don't you think someone would tell him to get rid of the moustache??


After church we headed back to Bruce and Marcia's to eat and visit. Here's a better of picture of Ben, but a bad picture of me. I think Ben grew a bit while he was gone and he definitely came home a bit skinnier. Still has those cute dimples and a great sense of humor though.

Typical Mormon fare: little sandwiches and lots of jello salad. Tasty!


Paige dragged Damien along


Spencer, me, Monty, Kathryn


Samson is the only baby who held still long enough for me to hold him.


I had to get one last picture of Monty because he left for stupid Canada again on Sunday night. This way I won't forget what he looks like.


The rest of Sunday was spent watching the Red Sox/Rays game. Sadly, the Red Sox lost and I wasn't very happy about that. I must admit I'm kind of a fair weather baseball fan. I love baseball and I go to a few games every summer; I just never really get into it until the playoffs. I'm still not sure who I'll be rooting for on Wednesday when the World Series starts. I think I'm leaning towards Tampa Bay because Joe Maddon looks like Spencer Tracy. Just kidding. But he really does look like Spencer Tracy and you know how I like guys in glasses. In all seriousness though, TB has the best record and that deserves merit. Tampa Bay it is!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous with bangs.

Jessica said...

Well thank you my dear. Soon you will get to see my bangs in person!

Unknown said...

I love the pic of the sacrament meeting! LOL!!!! You are a crack-up!

Jed said...

You and Spencer totally matched :).